Homemade summer Ranch

Today I would like to share one of my quick yummy side dishes. I like to call it Summer Ranch,Back in India we call it Raita  which I can just eat it for my light lunch. This has been one of my favorites since my childhood. Mostly my mom would make it with paratha but you can eat it just like light lunch or afterrnoon snack 


For Homemade Summer Ranch, you will need very basic ingredients that you can easily find it in your home.



               Ingredients
  • yogurt       1 cup  
  • cucumber  1 medium size  
  •  sugar-       1tsp 
  • cilantro-    1/4 cup ( chopped)   
  • Milk  4 ti 5 tsp ( if you want to have good dip kind )  
  •  salt as per your taste or 1/2 tsp
                
Recipe:
In a medium bowl add yogurt and give a good whisk. Add sugar and salt and mix it well. Keep it aside so that the sugar and salt will get dissolved well in the yogurt. Now in another medium bowl, peel a cucumber and shred it. Add a litte salt and mix it. Take the water from the cucumber out and drain most of it. Now mix that cucumber with your yogurt mix. Add cilantro and (cashunuts if you aren't allergic to it). Mix it all together. ( you can add milk for dip kind  of consistency  ) but for a side dish you ranch is ready. 
Enjoy with your paratha 
As a snack in the hot  summer afternoon.






Comments

bhumi gupta said…
Lovely way to share your experiences